There are numerous forms of aerobic exercises that are beneficial for weight loss. In fact, not only can aerobics help with weight loss, it can also help keep the weight off. It also helps provide strength and stamina to the body.
When you compare swimming to running, you find that running is an impact sport. When you run, especially if you are a bit over weight, your joints take the pressure.
With swimming this is not the case. Swimming provides a gentle workout that can spare your joints.
Some of the main benefits of swimming include:
- Swimming utilizes nearly all of your major muscle groups.
- Swimming places a vigorous demand on your heart and lungs. training as well the cardio benefits that can be obtained from running
- Swimming is popular with people who are overweight, pregnant, or suffering from some kind of injury
- Swimming is the better exercise by far, because it allows the water to take a lot of the weight from your body.
- Swimming at a moderate rate can burn approximately 500 calories and hour
- While the breaststroke is effective for a total body toning stroke because it works all the major muscles. Remember that every stroke in swimming requires all major muscles to swim it properly so take advantage of different strokes for variation.
- The act of swimming provides the benefits obtained from weight training and strength training as well the cardio benefits that can be obtained from running
Exercise physiologist Robert A. Robergs says swimming is a good fitness choice for just about everyone, especially those who have physical limitations or who find other forms of exercise painful. Give it a try!